Joaquín de prada in Opensx70 3 minutes

Pathfinder PCB

Fire image

Fire image

Fire image

Fire image

Fire image

Fire image

Saturday prototype#4 based on a Model2 camera started to vent smoke, no idea why. Not good. Will do the postmortem some other day.

Anyways, I am starting to send the “early pioneer” kits. I have very few of these, because I have to hand-build the FTDI and the uDongle and I have run out of components.

On the bright side I have been able to remove BH1750 and res-older it properly. I have a less than 50% success rate…

Also flashbar on prototype#2 doesn’t work. It’s not software. I reopen the package in which I had prototype#3.5 just to test that the MiNT flashbar worked. Fortunately it did. After a failed courier pickup last week, hopefully they will come today and a lucky photographer will be testing it soon.

I could call this beta-testing but I have decided to call it peer-review.

I need to send the kits to people that I know 100% that they can do the PCB switch. I cannot have a camera not working and not knowing, or perhaps suspecting that it is a faulty installation. Also it must be installed in an Alpha or Alpha2 camera.

On the one hand I would love photographers to have and test it, and, on the other, people that fix camera and have the tools to take it apart are the best candidates to do the mod…

I am really confused as how to move forward, and I have a lot of “real” work!

I would like to manufacture another set of boards, that I was planning on naming “Len’s & Bellows 2” but that I have decide to give a proper name (coming up with this nickname, is part of the fun!) so now this new boards will be named “Pathfinder”. I have only moved the BH1750 and removed the buzzer altogether. I have also placed the LED on the top.

#openSX70 #SX70 #press #Polaroid #PolaroidOriginals #OriginalPolaroids #Arduino #DIY #FilmIsNotDead #InstantPhotography #ImpossibleProject #Analog #TIP #cameraHacks #manualSX70 #SX70 #SeedStudio #SeedStudioFusion #SeedStudioPCBA #EagleCAD

Comments